- Apply after a shower: Spritz or splash the body mists after you take a shower. Since your pores are open it will allow the fragrance to last longer.
- Lace them up with your moisturizer- Use an unscented or scented lotion moisturizer on your body. It is good to use a similar scent of body lotion with the same scent of your body mist. Moisturizing rejuvenates the skin and locks the refreshing scent as a well.
- Apply to Pulse Points: Many randomly splash body mists on their body and clothes. But, the right way to use it is to splash it on the pulse points. The body heat generated by pulse points actually help amplify the scent. Pulse points include the inner wrist, the inside of the elbow, behind the ears and knees along with the base of the throat.
- Spray from a distance- Spray the body mist at least from a distance of 1 foot and try directing it to the pulse points. The distance makes the mist to disperse in the air in a way that it covers the entire skin. You can also spray the body mist 1 foot in front of your body and immediately walk through it.
- Get the notes right: Every fragrance has various layers to it and it smells different, hour to hour. These timely layers in fragrances are also called ‘notes’. They are top notes, Middle notes and Base Notes. Top notes are what you smell instantly upon spraying the fragrance, after this follows the middle notes which are the fragrance that will settle down on the skin. Finally the base notes, are what lasts the longest and are detectable only after you wear the fragrance for at least an hour. Watch out for the notes when you buy your body mist.
No fashion ensemble is complete without the right fragrance or scent. The lightest way to add a fragrance is by splashing some body mist. Body mists are light and fun, making it the most refreshing way to fragrance. Here are 5 things to keep in mind to make the misty magic work for you: